Pillows and Cushions How do you pick?
1. KEEP A COHESIVE COLOR PALETTE: As you’ve likely heard here before, as long as you keep a consistent color palette (3-5 colors) you will have more success when mixing styles and patterns.
2. VARY SIZES AND SHAPES: For visual interest you want your pillows to vary in shape and size (i.e. mix in round, lumbar, and square pillows in different sizes).
3. ADD IN DIFFERENT TEXTURES: If you are going to mix solids and neutrals, textures can bring in interesting details without being too loud.
4. BALANCE OUT COLORS EVENLY: Each side of your sofa should have different colors sprinkled throughout (i.e. you shouldn’t have all of one color on one side).
5. VARY THE SCALE OF PATTERNS: Patterned throws and pillows are a great way to add life and intrigue to your sofa, just make sure that you mix in both small and large scale patterns.