The Advantages of Pure Linen Bedding:
– Because of its unique filtering, bacteria resistant, ventilating, moisture absorbing and evaporating capabilities, linen bed sheets are known as anti-allergic, recommended for people with skin diseases, also for children.
– Linen Fabric has a light massaging effect because of the microscopic breaks throughout the fabric.
– Linen has high air permeability and heat conductivity properties – that means, it is a breathable fabric – makes you warm in the winter and keeps cool in the summer.
– Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet… thus, always having a pleasant, fresh, cool feeling when touched or slept on.
– It is anti-static and can even help soften and preserve the skin due to its natural pH balance.
– Linen actually repels dirt.
– It is environmentally friendly – all the flax used to make linen is used in other ways – the seeds are pressed to make linseed oil which is used in floor coverings, such as linoleum, and paint. Linen is a renewable resource and it needs no irrigation. Linen is also fully biodegradable.
So why choose Cotton bedding? It has some similarities to Linen...
1. It's breathable
Cotton is a pure, natural material, and this means that when woven into a bedding set it makes the fabric breathable. Every night your body temperature changes as you fall asleep. This often results in waking up hot, sticky, and desperate for some cool air.
Brilliantly, cotton will absorb the heat from your body throughout the night, allowing you to stay cool and dry (studies show we sweat a pint of perspiration each night – yuk!). As well as keeping you cool in the summer, cotton bedding will keep you warm throughout winter by absorbing and retaining your body heat. If you’re sleeping in man-made materials, like polyester, they’ll absorb your body heat, rather than naturally ventilating, so the fabric will retain your heat, and you’ll struggle to cool down.
2. Soft on your skin
There’s no better feeling than hopping into fresh, clean, cotton.
If you suffer with sensitive skin then you’ll want to avoid irritating it throughout the night as much as possible. Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic, so has limited association with any allergies, and won’t cause any irritation or itchiness, improving your quality of sleep.
3. It lasts much longer
As well as benefiting your quality of sleep, buying cotton bedding could save you some pennies in the long run. A natural cotton bedding set can last almost twice as long as any man-made alternative, so you won’t need to replace it as frequently.
4. It's low maintenance
There seems to be a myth floating around that cotton is a lot of work. It is not. There’s no hand washing, drying or hours of ironing. There’s no need for any fancy detergents, and you can even pop it in the tumble dryer (stick to a low temperature). Take it out when it’s still slightly damp and dry flat, this will help with reducing how much ironing it needs.
Give your bed a treat and try some cotton or linen bedding, we promise you’ll love it.