Social Media Marketer and Content Creator
Who we are:
The Passionate Home, located in Downtown Langley, BC is filled with repurposed and vintage one-of-a-kind pieces. We offer custom furniture painting, interior design services, we sell home decor, furniture, vintage market finds, gifts and fashion.
Established in 2003 and born from a love of breathing new life into old pieces, the shop is filled with French Country charm and a whimsical mix of old and new. We are BC’s first stockist and certified instructor for Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan. Our goal is to inspire, encourage, & help our customers to create a beautiful life.
We are seeking a valuable new team member for Social Media Marketing and Creator of Beautiful Content to join our creative team. This position is focused on attracting and maintaining customers, brand awareness through the creation of marketing campaigns and developing and strengthening the company’s online presence. This role will contribute to reaching sales objectives and developing action plans.
Our ideal candidate is excellent at working independently but is also eager to collaborate with our team of talented creatives on the strategy to engage shoppers and increase both in-store sales and online sales via Shopify.
- Development and daily maintenance of our online store using the e-commerce platform Shopify
- Take beautiful product photos, update inventory online ensuring that customers orders and requests are fulfilled within given time frames
- Contribute to the creation of high-quality Instagram and Facebook posts/stories on a routine basis by providing quality images and compelling text (we are also interested in developing our presence on Pinterest)
- Participate in Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan training and brand awareness to be consistent with the global standards in all online communications
- Brainstorm for marketing campaigns, emails, website, etc. while keeping with the vision and mission of the company.
- Planning out social media content and keeping up with social media trends.
- You will be involved in adapting current strategies to reach our market, while also identifying new markets to maximize brand awareness and increase online revenues.
- Provide guidance on the most up to date best practices.
- Contribute to the creation of tutorial videos to showcase various features of our product
- Assist with other marketing related tasks as needed
- Working with the team to provide weekly marketing strategies and sales objectives
- Proactively demonstrate the challenges and successes of marketing campaigns through regular reporting.
- Your values align with TPH’s mission “To Create a Beautiful Life”
- You have experience using Shopify
- You have experience with social media in a professional environment with major social media platforms
- You have experience tracking via social media pixels and running successful paid media campaigns.
- You are extremely organized and detail orientated. You think creatively and ‘out of the box’ while thoughtfully considering the ideas of others
- You have completed a post secondary program related to digital marketing, web design, etc. (Preferred)
- You are a clear, concise and confident communicator (with a natural sense of humour).
- If you love dogs, Frank Sinatra and enjoy an occasional glass of wine!
What we offer:
- Inspiring work environment
- Training and opportunity for growth
- Employee discounts
- A strong family team
- Opportunity to make a difference
This exciting opportunity is a part time in-store position. Compensation will be determined by experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email, please clearly indicate why you are the perfect candidate for this position, your availability and desired wage.
Successful candidates will be directly contacted for a covid friendly interview.