Fresh Spring Decorating
Spring is the season of rebirth. And after a season of winter we all love spring. The problem is that we are usually ready for it before it’s ready for us! Waiting on weather is not always fun, but that’s all the more reason to fake it inside until weather cooperates…which it always does…eventually.
Fresh flowers, floral accent pillows and throws, and faux flowers tie together to create a garden-fresh look. Add some bright spring colour. Try using our Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan to transform a piece of furniture.
HOW TO CREATE FRESH SPRING DECORATING
I use elements that bring the outdoor garden indoors. What qualifies? Anything that would look at home outside in a garden. Have fun with this and use your imagination. Here are some examples I love:
- rustic pots
- a bench
- plants: faux and real
- small animals: birds, bunnies
- watering cans
- garden accents
- galvanized items
- rustic elements
- Layers of fun patterns (striped rugs, floral pillows, geometric patterns)
- Stacks of books in lively colors
- Plants in woven baskets
- Flowers or greenery in glass bottles (or go faux to make them last forever!)
- Punches of color
- Botanical artwork
- Switch out your kitchen towel for a fresh color or pattern.
I hope these tips help to invigorate your space for spring!
Come in to the shop for all these fresh spring elements!