August Inspiration: Painting Fabrics with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint™
In case you haven't heard, August is our Inspiration Month! In addition to special offers and contests, we're also sharing some of our projects and tips to inspire you to Create A Beautiful Life!
We'll be adding new content each week so check back soon!
Week 2 Inspiration: Painting Fabrics
Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan can be used on fabrics as well. Here's an example of an old green chair that we modernized with Old Violet Chalk Paint™.
The fabric started as taffeta-like and we followed these easy steps for the transformation:
- We got the fabric wet with our #8 Annie Sloan Brush and a bucket of water.
- We mixed equal parts Old Violet Chalk Paint™ and water well and painted on one coat.
- We let the fabric dry and added another coat of the water/paint mixture.
- We let the fabric dry but could still see some shades of green at certain angles. We touched it up with a light third coat and let dry.
- We applied a clear wax with our wax brush and wiped it dry with a lint free cloth.
There are steps to this process in Annie’s book Colour Recipes for Painted Furniture and Unfolded has a great Pinterest page on painted fabric for even more inspiration!