Calling all Chalk Paint® lovers! After two years of workshops and stocking Chalk Paint®, we've grown an amazing community of customers and workshop participants, and we would love to have you participate in our 3rd Annual Chairs for Charity campaign, benefiting the Langley Christmas Bureau!
On Thursday, October 24th we will host an event at the store that is open to the community. Beginning at 1pm on Tuesday, October 22nd, we will have the chairs on display in the store and bids will take place through a silent auction process. You can come anytime during those days to place your bid. Then, on the evening of October 24th, we host our live auction which features our Top 10 chairs from this year's group. The event is fun and lively so we encourage you to bring all your friends and family. This is also the last chance to place silent auction bids and go home with your favourite chair! Last year we auctioned off 21 chairs and raised over $3,000! Thank you!!
Here's how it works:
- Register your chair with Carrie by Saturday, September 20, 2013.
- Create a chair that reflects your style and/or your blog.
- Deliver it to The Passionate Home by October 15, 2013.
- We'll photograph and display it in our store to auction off at the event on October 24, 2013.
Get creative! Your chair can reflect the things you love, your blog theme, or whatever tickles your fancy. No, you don't need to have a blog to participate!
Local photographer, Steve Hayek, has joined us and will be photographing each chair in a unique location that reflects the spirit and theme of the chair. The photo to the left here is a small sample of his talent showing me (Carrie) in The Passionate Home chair!
Just a note: this is a low resolution, un-edited photo that I grabbed from a set of proofs to show you! I'm so excited about Steve's work that I haven't waited for him to get me the high quality image before sharing this with you!
As a Thank You for your participation we will receive:
- A listing of your donation in our auction catalogue.
- A photo of your chair along with a mention and link to your blog (if applicable) via The Passionate Home blog.
- A professionally shot photo of your chair as a keepsake to use however you choose.
- A copy of the invitation to the auction event on October 24th to post to your blog and send out to all your friends and family.
- Mentions and links back to you via our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
To register your chair email
or call the store at 604.532.5931