Admit it, you've been itching to get your outdoor space as beautiful as your indoor space with visions of warm summer evening entertaining.
Well, did you know that Chalk Paint™ Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan is PERFECT for all your outdoor applications! Here are a few surfaces ideas: brick, stone, concrete, wood, wicker, wrought iron, terra cotta, and plastic, for starters.
That means, you can easily paint your: front door, planters, outdoor furniture, outdoor pillows, lanterns,wrought iron patio furniture, iron gates and railings, fences, shutters, and a whole lot more!
How do you prepare outdoor furniture for painting?
- Make sure your item to paint has been cleaned and left to dry for 24 hours.
- If the current paint is peeling, work over the surface with a stiff bristled broom or brush to remove the loose flakes of paint.
- If you are planning to use two layers, apply a thin first layer and wait 24 hours before applying the second coat of paint. This allows the molecules to really adhere to the surface.
- Choose a surface that will not be saturated in water all the time.
- There are different kinds of finishes we can do for different weather conditions, speak to one of our store representatives for the best answers for your situation.
Colour Trends for 2016
If you're looking spice up your backyard, here are some hot colours for 2016 to add a splash:
Check out our Pinterest Board to inspire your outdoors! Post photos your outdoor Annie Sloan projects on our Facebook Page, tag us on Instagram (@thepassionatehome) or send to our Pinterest, and we'll feature your project in an upcoming blog article.